Thursday, August 25, 2005

so much to do, so little time

I'm finally starting to get things in order but my to-do list for this trip just seems to keep growing and growing. As does the cost for it.
I opened an account just for my trip and deposited the $900 worth of change that my sister and I collected over the past ten years. We were saving it for charity but I think that this qualifies. I've sent out tens of solicitations to family, friends, and businesses and hit up everyone at work. The tag sale I have planned should help out too.
Speaking of the tag sale, I still need to go through my basement and determine what I'm going to sell. Then I have to price everything, apply for a permit, and advertise. And of course since the tag sale is going to be up at my dad's house I need to transport all the junk and god only knows how I'm going to fit it all into my car.
There are some things that are going well. I got all my vaccinations - typhoid, yellow fever, polio, hepatitis A, and pre-exposure rabies - and the medications I'll need to take while I'm abroad to protect against malaria. And I had an interview with the paper, so hopefully the publicity will bring in some donations.
I still need to book my flight and apply for my visa. Hopefully I can get this all in order in the next couple of months without going totally crazy.
So let's see where I stand.

Things that are all set:
1. vaccinations
2. passport
3. job for the next two months

Things that I still need to do:
1. apply for my visa
2. book my flight
3. organize and execute tag sale
4. learn some swahili
5. buy long skirts (it's appropriate attire for Tanzanian women)
6. fundraise a few more thousand dollars
7. do research on Tanzanian culture and history

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Love your blog, sweetie! Hope you'll have internet access, at least occasionally, in Tanzania so we can keep up on the details of your trip.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google